Waynetopia - Start of a new world

Friday, June 09, 2006

Mission : Guatemala

This would be an interesting post to follow my previous one. There had been an invitation for me to join Emmanuel Church Philadelphia's missions team. I thought of it and gave it a miss, since I thought it was almost impossible - 5 days off from work and school in a row, burning up all my summer holidays and raising up USD1000.

Seems like I haven't really learnt my lesson of believing God can make the impossible happen. Suddenly my 5 day's leave was approved, there were no lessons for the week and I almost became one of the first to finish my fund-raising.

But this is the best part : the revival team (worship team) apparently already had a full band and was just lacking a bassist and was actively looking for one. So I was kind of like the last piece to the missing puzzle. Found it hard to believe myself.

This is perhaps yet another affirmation that I'm doing something right. Once again, I'm pirvileged enough to play in a different country and this time round, in a different language (Spanish).

Oh yeah, how could I forget the miraculous fund-raising? Being the absolute last to join, it took quite a while before my support letters were ready. It was getting a little worrying since the fund raising time window was short. Guess what? I didn't have to give out the support letters in the end cause the bulk of the amount was already raised before the letters could be sent out.

Michelle, Jia Xian, Jeffrey Jee Hui Tiong, Timothy, Iris, Jeremiah, Estee Yili Teo, Alicia, Kai An, Jessica, Jo-Ann, Kai Hong and Julia - thanks for making this possible.

1 Comments:

  • =D
    tell us more in your time

    Wangxing

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home