Waynetopia - Start of a new world

Monday, March 20, 2006

Surprise Parcel

It was a 2 pm. An innocent parcel waited unsuspectingly in my mail box waited in my mail box just as I passed by. "Hmmm.... could this be mine?"

Looking at the handwriting, I knew I recognised something familiar. When I saw what was written in the content, I laughed. No need to look at the name. This was definitely mine.


Grace, I can recognise your handwriting anytime.

My hall buddies decided to drop an eleborate "Hi" with a parcel sent all the way from Singapore. It had been a stressful afternoon and this parcel really made my day. I am really thankful for friends who remember what makes me tick.

Interestingly, this little parcel contained everything that I couldn't live without. And these are all the things that I can't find in the US. You guys are amazing! Seriously, you guys just made the remaining of the year easier to bear.


so, what's in the package?

Bible: Chinese + English. This would be an interesting one. Since on average, I own a new one every 3 years to vary the reading routine, having 2 languages on the same page would be something fresh.

Indomee: Simply the best instant noodles. 7 years being an expert in the field can't be wrong. Nothing else comes close to it. Ben, I hope this didn't come from your cupboard.

G-Tec C4: I only use fine tip pen and this particular pen model can't be found here. Just at the right time too, since the my last one was down to 0.5 cm remaining ink.

White Coffe: Coffee is to me what fuel is to car. Anybody who has known me long enough will know that. Zhan Rui, I believe you are the culprit for this, cause I have not seen any E-blocker drinking this before. Thanks. The next time we will be drinking the coffee that you will be bringing back from France.

Chili Sauce: For someone who consumes 5-7 packets of chili sauce per value meal, I am reduced to just ketchup here. My housemates simply went bonkers when they saw this too. Melf, Tina, Lishi, Grace, Weiguang, Ben (did I miss out anyone?), I really wonder HOW MANY times did you guys go to McDonalds to really amass this amount of chili packets? I am touched...

But the winner of them all is...

my calculator!

For a country this advanced, it is surprising that I couldn't find a better replacement for my 7-year old sidekick. None of the scientific calculators here fall under the category of "functional". This dude came at the right time - just 2 hours before my test! That is why this parcel is God-sent.

Cost of shipping: $52.80
Chinese & English Parallel Bible: $30.00
Joy of receiving: Priceless

There are some things money just can't buy. For others, there are always friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home