Waynetopia - Start of a new world

Thursday, April 06, 2006

NBA!

This has been quite a while ago but I suppose this is just one of the things you can't really leave out. It started with a simple I received at 5:00pm during work with an opening,"Hey Wayne, Hans I was wondering in free tickets to the NBA because Hans cannot make it in time....."Are you kidding?

Two hours, later I found myself outside the Wachovia stadium, home of the Philadelphia 76-ers (Basketball) and Phantoms (Hockey). As I would expect, the setting was rowdy, since it was the home time playing. But what I didn't expect was that there were more to NBA than just basketball. Every break was filled with acrobatic stunts from the dancers or cheerleaders, comic relief, audience competition and Kiss-cams (yes, if the camera points at you, you GOT to kiss your partner, so that everyone in the stadium can see it on the gigantic LED screen).

Too bad we lost despite leading for 3 quarters. But it was still an experience to see Allen Iverson doing a reverse dunk in front of you. Thanks Scott for making this happen.


The Wachovia Stadium


Banners of achievements

The stand


Warm-up

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home