Waynetopia - Start of a new world

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Bringing ministry to ends of the earth

I suppose ministry is a life-long thing. It follows you like a shadow wherever you go, and to some extent, you never really outgrow it.

When I packed up my bass guitar and look one last look at it, I thought it would be the last time I touch a bass at least for the next year. It was the last week of 2005, one of the craziest weeks of my life. Prior to that, I had been playing every week for FCBC. Even my Christmas "break" from ministry could barely qualify as a vacation. Due to my strong ties with the people in Muar, I ended up playing for two churches - the church I grew up in and my parent's church of which the senior pastor is a close friend of mine. Once Christmas was over, packed my bags, crossed the causeway and straight to Singapore Expo Hall 10 for the New Year bash. That was on top of all my packing preparation.

My first church service in the US was also the first time in a long while I got to sit in the congregation instead of standing on stage. Hmmm....the band lacked a drummer and a bassist. Never mind, ignore that. Just worship in peace. By the third week, I got to know some of the people, especially the pastors and they mentioned they needed a bassist. "No way! This is physically impossible. I simply don't have the time!" I was playing by the fourth week.

Yeah, I can take a hint. Some things just stick to you. Whether it's breaking keyboard keys in Cambodia, playing in front of 100 people in Malaysia or a 5000 people in Singapore, the music ministry is one of the things I carry with me wherever I go - with or without my instruments.

2 Comments:

  • continue playing for God, my brother in Christ! for He's your only audience. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:09 AM  

  • "I will not offer burnt offerings to the LORD that cost me nothing"

    accepted, and accepted with joy =D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home